Every Door Direct Mail
Every Door Direct Mail Overview
With Every Door Direct Mail® (EDDM) Service from the Postal Service, mailers can reach their customers who matter most to their business. Mailers can simply identify the neighborhoods they want to target and their mailpiece is delivered to every active address in the target area. The EDDM Product includes Online Registration, the EDDM Online Mapping Tool and the Every Door Direct Mail web pages that provide a seamless customer experience.
What EDDM brings to marketing efforts:
- Reaches consumers in their homes - with EDDM an entire neighborhood can be saturated and the mailing gets directly into the homes and hands of the consumers.
- Flexibility in Design - EDDM offers a flexible range of sizes making it ideal for anything from a quick sales announcement to an in-depth product story.
- Helps messaging work harder - EDDM can include coupons, menus, event calendars, store maps and more.
Choose the option that works best:1. Every Door Direct Mail - Retail (EDDM RETAIL) enables small volume mailers the opportunity to prepare and enter Standard Flats at the local retail unit responsible for the delivery of the mail - without the need to purchase and maintain a mailing list.
- EDDM RETAIL supports small local mailings of 5,000 or fewer deliveries
- EDDM RETAIL is available only for Saturation Standard Mail flat-size pieces
- EDDM RETAIL also utilizes the approved Simplified Addressing format which eliminates the need to purchase or maintain a complete mailing list.
- The postage required is one simple rate, equivalent to the published prices for Saturation Mail flats (DDU Entry) No postage permits or annual fees are required.
- The alignment creates a seamless customer experience that allows customers upon registration to automatically be given options to prepare and pay for a mailing.
- Designed for Mail Service Providers or businesses that want to send larger mailings and want the ease of entering the mail at one location.
- Typically, this is used for a mailing of more than 5,000 mailpieces.
- It requires a postage permit, and the mailing must be submitted at a Business Mail Entry Unit (BMEU) accompanied by a PS Form 8125.
Learn more at www.usps.com/everydoordirectmail.